Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Violent incidence

A couple of blogs I read have mentioned this incident where a bunch of right-wingers had words with anti-Bush protesters and got a once over.

In the end, James got his glasses smashed; Aaron took a punch or two, I got a scrape on my face and my knee – we all got roughed up a bit. In the end, it got broken up before anyone got really hurt. So to clear things up – I was not “beat up,” we are all okay and we stood our ground after things calmed down.

Yeah, I've definitely gotten it worse slam-dancing and that's amongst people I'm at least friendly with. Of course, this guy has to extrapolate that because he and his friends yelled some insults at a bunch of union guys that all left-wingers are secretly violent fascists. Honestly, I have trouble believing that out of everyone they could find to yell insults at (he describes it as chanting while union workers yelled at them), that the easiest to find were union workers. Seriously, pansy-ass college liberals are a dime a dozen at these protests. They have the time, the energy and they show up looking to get laid. I have serious trouble believing that the only people they could find were quick-to-anger union workers.
I'm not condoning the ass-kicking, regardless of what small pleasure I would have gotten out of seeing it. (Joke! Joke! Joke!) I have serious trouble believing it went down as he describes it. But I will say this: Of course there are thugs on the left. But luckily they aren't organized. On the right, the thugs are organized, and they have badges and riot gear.
These guys claim they weren't trolling for union workers (you know, those everyday Americans that the Republicans love) to piss off, but I am really struggling to believe this.

The union members let their true colors shine when they started making gay jokes. Yes…the people who are protesting Bush, who opposes gay marriage, were making gay jokes. It didn’t end with gay jokes, they also tossed out the incest, Oedipal incest, and pedophilic jokes. They were classy people.

Wouldn't it be fabulous if Rush Limbaugh started making jokes about how crass blue collar workers are on his show everyday?
This reminds me of the grasping for proof that the anti-war hippies in the 1960's were secretly violent. It was almost as if it could be proved that hippies secretly believed in violence as much as the war-mongerers who got us into the Vietnam War, then it meant that their message could be ignored. Of course, for all the grasping to find violent hippies, it was hard to prove that hippies were hypocrites about violence.