Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Friday, May 28, 2004

Shaking off the oppression of facts

If there is one thing that the right has taught us, it's that no amount of facts or evidence is enough to allow a politically inconvenient truth to be accepted as the actual truth. If you don't want to hear it, simply deny that it's true and then whine that your false viewpoint isn't given a bare minimum of 50%, if not more, of airtime, classtime, whatever in interest of "fairness" and "balance". (As we all know, "fairness" and "balance" will never be truly achieved until the right can cram any old lie down our throats without any threat at all of being called on it.)
The tactic of demanding that proven lies be given equal or more time as the scientific truth used to be reserved to a handful of issues, and the occasional expedient situation (Iran-contra, Watergate). The fight against teaching evolution laid down the strategy. First of all, declare your opponent's facts to be "beliefs", equal to any other. Then demand that all beliefs be given fair treatment.
Now there are sorts of facts that are "balanced" by blatant lies that support the right wing agenda. Abstinence-only ed. doesn't work, gays are normal, global warming is real--all are denied with a straight face by right wingers and the media feels obliged to equate their lies with the truth in the interest of balance. And while the feeling that lies are as good as the truth is spreading and quickly, there are still huge inconvenient facts that are just sitting out there unchallenged by the right wing. They need to get cracking!

My suggestion for the next fact that needs to be challenged and confused until people can't tell lies from truth: Where babies come from.

Think about it! It's perfect! I mean, the fact that babies come from sexual intercourse means that good conservative values (having babies and lots of 'em) are unfortunately overlapping with perverse liberalism (have sex, lots of it). It's obviously not enough to declare any non-procreative sex as perverse. Stupid Americans tend to mix up the procreative kind with the non-procreative kind because they look and feel roughly the same. And then worse they start thinking that they like the sex stuff but don't want the babies. And then they start thinking if other people want to have private sex lives, well, that's their business. Obviously, letting people know where babies come from starts people down a slippery slope to sin and even worse, to liberalism.
Until good family values and lots o' babies gets untangled from dirty, perverse sex, there's no hope. So I propose that right wing pundits start demanding that the stork theory receive equal time with the sex theory as to where babies come from. If someone challenges you with bothersome "facts", just say that one belief system is equal to another and Americans should decide for themselves whether babies come from the stork or from unspeakable perversions.
The next step of course is to beat feet back to the right wing media and start blasting off talk show segments, interviews, and magazine articles that decry the menace of secular humanists running around oppressing Christianity by claiming that life, yes human life itself! comes from perverse behaviors of communists who think they can just go around acting like perverts.
There's no choice. Until all sex is seen as disgusting, unpatriotic and unspeakably perverse, we will be sliding downhill into another Rome, with orgies and laziness. And the argument can't be made as long as people continue to think that something evil like sex can result in something good like more and more babies.

27 Comments:

Blogger Elayne said...

Hey, it's at least as plausible as creationism!

5/29/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful thank you which was consulted very much

But in blog of my site, when that has been written about information business should drop in freely.

home based business opportunity

10/19/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi what a great blog,make money on computer. If you have time pay me a visit.make money on computer

10/23/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am about to show you a way that you can generate thousands of keyword targeted links back to your web site starting today!

10/28/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen a lot about business opportunity home based work from.

See how a 33 yr old ex-bouncer replaced his income and learned even more about business opportunity home based work from

Seriously, It only took about nine months. There is a lot of hype out there about business opportunity home based work from so don't get overwhelmed.

It's real though. A sixty year old industry that does $100 Billion a year in sales. Isn't that worth ten minutes of your time?

Click Here Now

10/30/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HiAmanda,I was online looking forsome info on homebusiness and came across your site.Even though it wasn't an exact fit,it certainly peaked my interest! I understand how I ended up at your page when I was looking for ahomebusiness related info.I'm glad I visited anyway.Nice post! Enjoy the read!

11/07/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HiAmanda,I was online looking forsome info on home business idea and came across your site.Even though it wasn't an exact fit,it certainly peaked my interest! I understand how I ended up at your page when I was looking for ahome business idea related info.I'm glad I visited anyway.Nice post! Enjoy the read!

11/08/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi thereAmanda,I'm out looking for the most up to date information on home base business and came across your site.Even though Shaking off the oppression of facts was close to what I was looking for and it wasn't a pefrect fit, it certainly was well worth reading.I understand how I came across your page while I was looking for home base business related information. Great post. Thanks!

11/10/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post your Ad to everyday after that, you'll also be able to generate a Viral Traffic Streams absolutely FREE!

11/11/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out rascal flatts fast car and freedom

11/11/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a tees tankTee site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees

11/15/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog you have here!
I'm definitely going to bookmark this one.
Do you know DOT WS (website) will be larger than DOT COM (commercial) ?
Remember 800 phone numbers? Now you have 888 877 etc.
Are you a visionary? I hope you are and decide to get in on something
that will change your life! GDI is where its at.
7 day free trial and no selling
Want a short .WS domain name? Now you can get one and make affiliate $$$$$$$
You get your own website
Check this one out :-)domain furnituredomain furniture

11/17/2005

 
Blogger Leif Wheeler said...

I appreciate your blog.
You may be interested in visiting this site.
business finance

11/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

11/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda,I'm searching for the most recent information on internetbusiness and found your site. Although Shaking off the oppression of facts wasn't entirely what I was looking for,it certainly peaked my interest.I now know why I came across your site when I was looking for internetbusiness related info and I'm happy with the time I spent at your site.It wasn't an exact match but still a great read,thanks

11/28/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda,I'm searching for the most recent information on home business idea and found your site. Although Shaking off the oppression of facts wasn't entirely what I was looking for,it certainly peaked my interest.I now know why I came across your site when I was looking for home business idea related info and I'm happy with the time I spent at your site.It wasn't an exact match but still a great read,thanks

11/29/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi thereAmanda,I'm out looking for the most up to date information on home business idea and came across your site.Even though Shaking off the oppression of facts was close to what I was looking for and it wasn't a pefrect fit, it certainly was well worth reading.I understand how I came across your page while I was looking for home business idea related information. Great post. Thanks!

11/30/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi thereAmanda,I'm out looking for the most up to date information on homebusiness and came across your site.Even though Shaking off the oppression of facts was close to what I was looking for and it wasn't a pefrect fit, it certainly was well worth reading.I understand how I came across your page while I was looking for homebusiness related information. Great post. Thanks!

12/11/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda,I'm searching for the most recent information on home base business and found your site. Although Shaking off the oppression of facts wasn't entirely what I was looking for,it certainly peaked my interest.I now know why I came across your site when I was looking for home base business related info and I'm happy with the time I spent at your site.It wasn't an exact match but still a great read,thanks

12/14/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi thereAmanda,I'm out looking for the most up to date information on homebusiness and came across your site.Even though Shaking off the oppression of facts was close to what I was looking for and it wasn't a pefrect fit, it certainly was well worth reading.I understand how I came across your page while I was looking for homebusiness related information. Great post. Thanks!

12/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Internet Marketing Christmas, this special ends on 12/21/2005

12/19/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make 3k-9k mon. and never work.

1/03/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting....I learn something all the time.

Thx......Steve @
business opportunity

2/16/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

I took a look at your post
regarding affiliate marketing mlm network .

You are invited to place a link to
your blog on our website for free. See:

http://www.thefreeadforum.com


We get over 18,000 visitors per day.
Many are looking for affiliate marketing mlm network
related products and services.

We have a specific category for affiliate marketing mlm network .
Your listing will be spidered by the search
engines under affiliate marketing mlm network . Our pages
are made to be search engine friendly.
We hope you take a moment to take
advantage of this free advertising.

Cheers,

John

http://www.thefreeadforum.com
The Free Advertising Forum.

10/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a good blog here. I have a sub domains
site. It pretty much covers everything related to ##KEYWORD##.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4/14/2007

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, oakley vault, ray ban outlet, kate spade handbags, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet online, coach outlet, christian louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, burberry outlet online, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike shoes, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, prada outlet, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, longchamp outlet, true religion, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, burberry outlet online, nike free, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, michael kors outlet store

11/16/2014

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, uggs on sale, beats headphones, lululemon outlet, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, nike trainers, wedding dresses, jimmy choo shoes, ferragamo shoes, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, rolex watches, longchamp, new balance outlet, abercrombie and fitch, p90x workout, bottega veneta, reebok shoes, canada goose outlet, ghd, roshe run, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, instyler ionic styler, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet, north face outlet, celine handbags, north face jackets, ugg soldes, herve leger, giuseppe zanotti, mont blanc pens, nike huarache, ugg, asics shoes, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, canada goose, marc jacobs outlet, ugg boots, birkin bag, babyliss pro

11/16/2014

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home