Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

The important thing is keeping women in the backseat

Okay, I stole the joke from Janeane Garofalo. Anyway, because it was in the comments section at Pandagon, this really great point might get lost our constant blogosphere babble. Topic: Jack Ryan's scandal. Point: This isn't just about snickering at another mean hypocrite caught with his pants around his ankles. This man is a mean bully.

What Ryan did has less to do with sex than it does to do with bullying. It's related to the bullying stunt Ryan pulled by sending a kid with a videorecorder to get in Obama's face and listen in on his conversations with his wife. And it's also related to Ryan's pro-life stance and his opposition to gay marriage. He's not a free spirit swinger type. He wants to control other people, particularly their sexuality. This is a major character issue, and this kind of man cannot be elected.
I guess I'm really troubled by everyone's inability to recognize the real problem here. This man treated his wife as chattel, and this is the kind of behavior that's rampant throughout the Republican Party at the same time that they're screeching to the high heavens about the sacred institution of marriage. It's the (perfectly legal) behavior of people like Jack Ryan within marriages that is helping cause the breakdown of the institution, not non-procreative marital sex. This is the kind of thing that should help spur a new look at the whole platform of family values. And I'm really, really disappointed at the liberal men out there who aren't speaking up about this but are instead focusing on the fact that Ryan *lied*.
-tully monster


Point more than taken--alot of conservative thought on sexuality has less to do with morals and more to do with subverting the sexuality of others to the whims of the tiresome straight white males.
But I do have a problem with the idea that treating one's wife like chattel somehow violates the "sanctity of marriage". For a good number of people, that's exactly what defines "sanctity of marriage"--the idea that a husband has proprietary rights to a wife. And that's why homosexual marriage undermines said "sanctity"--if marriages can be made between two men or two women, how do we determine who gets to treat who like chattel?

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy!

I am out spreading the word
to all true supporters of wisconsin evangelical lutheran church

I believe that readers of this blog
would be fascinated to read about
the great new book at

wisconsin evangelical lutheran church

10/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We found a simple and easy way to get infomation on [bolton swinger]. If you are into [bolton swinger] like my wife and I then you will want to go to [bolton swinger] to get the latest info.

10/24/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you sure got a super blog here. Very interesting stuff. I've already put a book mark on it.

Pity I spend so much time blog-surfing that I often neglect my own. Silly me. :) But its so adictive.

Anyway, a lot of people are trying to make cash online nowadays, so I thought I'd help you out with a site that has some great tools.

free gay oral sex picture
Not bad to sit around doing nothing while your bank balance keeps growing. :)

12/30/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading a paper from a university about this subject. Nice article. You know what you are talking about. Along the lines of this theme, I have a similar site penis enlargement herbs where more information can be found on the subject. Thanks for the bit of information you posted here.

12/30/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blogging...keep it up for 2006!

Warm Regards

cheap plane ticket flight

1/04/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For 2006 nice blogging..I liked it!

Warm Regards

southwest airline cheap flight

1/06/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post

1/09/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you sure got a nice blog here with some very interesting stuff. I've already put a bookmark on it.

It's a pity I spend so much time blog-surfing that I often forget my own. Silly me. :) But its so addictive.

Anyway, a lot of people are trying to make cash online nowadays, so I thought I'd help you out with a site that has some great tools.

advertising penis enlargement
Not bad to sit around doing nothing while your bank balance keeps growing. :)

1/13/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learning about penis enlargement photographs has been a passion of mine. It's always good to see other sites interested in the same thing. One site I found helpful is penis enlargement photographs They don't cover all of the subject, but cover quit a bit. Thanks for providing such good information for all to enjoy. From all of us here in New York, have a great year.

1/13/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great title. You have a great blog. I was searching for penis enlargement procedures when I landed here. I've got a similar site related to penis enlargement procedures you might want to check out.

1/13/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to websites penis enlargement Come by some time.
I surely fancy your site, It's bookmarked! This post is terrific stuff.

1/13/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find your posts intriguing. Informative as well. I had been searching for penis enlargement cavernosa when I landed here. Always good to find others interested in the same thing as my site penis enlargement cavernosa

1/13/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to now penis enlargement Come by some time.
I surely fancy your site, It's bookmarked! This post is terrific stuff.

1/13/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to penis enlargement can Come by some time.
I very much fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is terrific stuff.

1/14/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to herbal penis enlargement Come by some time.
I absolutely fancy your website, It's bookmarked! This information is fine stuff.

1/14/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for penis enlargement, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.
If you got time , go visit my site, it�s penis enlargement. It pretty much covers penis enlargement and other similar topics available.

1/17/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to big willy Come by some time.
I very much fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is terrific stuff.

3/14/2006

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski jewelry, converse shoes, ugg, canada goose pas cher, hollister, oakley, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, pandora uk, hollister canada, converse, moncler, louboutin, replica watches, timberland shoes, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 case, ray ban, swarovski uk, uggs canada, moncler, gucci, moncler, vans, montre femme, juicy couture outlet, moncler, ralph lauren, coach outlet, moncler, moncler, moncler outlet, links of london uk, thomas sabo uk, louis vuitton canada, supra shoes, baseball bats, wedding dress, hollister clothing, karen millen, canada goose uk, toms outlet, parajumpers outlet, air max, lancel, canada goose, nike air max

11/16/2014

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home