Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Parent A and Parent B

Norbizness has a great takedown of a supposedly "reasoned" argument that gay marriage hurts children. Apparently, it's a paperwork issue:

My Department of Public Health has asked whether we must re-write our state birth certificates to conform to our Court’s same-sex marriage ruling. Must we remove “father” and “mother” and replace them with “parent A” and “parent B?”

You would almost think that this hadn't come up long before the marriage issue. Except that it has. Lots and lots of gay couples have children together, with both parents on the birth certificate. I do believe that they just scratch out the word "mother" or "father" and write in the proper one. So it says "Mother" and "Mother" or "Father" and "Father".
Maybe it really is way too scary to contemplate what it means to scratch out one word and write in another.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Marcotte said...

Ohmigod! I am so sorry. That's what I get for posting at work, while looking over my shoulder to make sure the boss doesn't catch me. Well, I fixed it.

6/24/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, I have been scouring the internet for the best work at home parent. Parent A and Parent B wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but the information it gave me was great! There is so much information about " work at home parent " out there and I want to just keep my options open. Great post, thanks for your incite!

11/08/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda,
Just wanted to say I enjoyed the information you have on your blog Parent A and Parent B . It was not quite exactly what I was looking for since my search was for online data entry however your info was very useful. Thanks again for the helpful read

11/30/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda,
I was doing some research and came across your Parent A and Parent B blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about online data entry jobs however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

12/01/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
After searching page after page about data entry work at home I ran across your blog Parent A and Parent B which caught my attention because, of the amount of valuable and informative information you have. Unfortunately this is not exactly what I was looking for, however I enjoyed reading all your information. Thanks for the reading.

12/09/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,
great info on your blog Parent A and Parent B I was really looking for information in more detail on data entry work at home however I still found your read to be quite informative and interesting. Thanks for the useful info

12/15/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading a paper from a university about this subject. Nice article. You know what you are talking about. Along the lines of this theme, I have a similar site or penis enlargement where more information can be found on the subject. Thanks for the bit of information you posted here.

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a new site up which might to be of interest to some. I run a technique penis enlargement related site.
Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for technique penis enlargement related info and some how came across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really theme, that got my attention.

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a great opportunity, no selling, no phoning, no recruiting PERIOD!

4/18/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home