Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

So much for idealism

Looks like Nader's volunteers are seeking out Republicans to sign petitions to put Nader on the ballot. Well, it's a good strategy. I've seen the Nader volunteers at all sorts of events here in Austin that presumably draw alot of liberals, like the Pecan Street Festival and other arty and musical events. They also hang out on the mall at UT. But they don't seem to be having much luck. I've bitched one out (nicely). I saw a friend of mine recoil from one of the voluteers like he was a vampire, and said, "Don't you want to get rid of Bush?" So I guess they will do better by going after people who want to get Bush into office.
But boy, the last bit of respect I've had for their supposed idealism has just leaked away.

Via Sideshow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez. I had liked Nader up until this year. The guy needs to get a grip. Pretty telling that his supporters are approaching Republicans.

It will be a cold day in hell before I give Nader so much as a supportive smile, let alone my time, my vote, or my money.

--Sheelzebub

6/01/2004

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home