Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Monday, October 18, 2004

If it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe it

This story was being trumpeted by the ever-lonely Matt Drudge--Republicans claim to be more satisfied with their sex lives. This extremely scientific poll didn't control for factors like age or sex, but hey, that doesn't mean that it's bad, does it?

Among the factors that impact the survey results is that more men identify themselves as Republicans and men are more likely to say they are sexually satisfied and enjoy sex "a great deal." Also, Democrats are more likely to be women; and the poll results show that women are more likely to fake orgasms.

Oops, well maybe sex differences is an issue. I'd like to see married Democratic women compared to married Republican women and watch the numbers reverse dramatically. After all, it's easier to be satisfied with your sex life if your husband is not calling his coworkers from hotel rooms to masturbate himself with a vibrator I would think. I might also point out that Republicans as a whole tend to be older and more likely to be in a steady relationship therefore, but nah, it's got to be the party membership, right?

But even though this entire survey is ridiculous, I think it's best that Republicans be allowed to believe it. Think about it--how much anti-woman, anti-reproductive rights, anti-gay legislation is introduced by grim-faced middle-aged Republicans who are punishing the rest of us for all the wild sex they think we're having? If they were led to believe that the rest of us actually do more knitting than fucking, maybe they'll leave us alone.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to see the survey for Republican gay men in or out of the closet. Seems to me that the Log Cabin faithful are drifting away from the party, and that the already overwhelmingly Democratic gay demographic is less and less tolerant of being told that they are so despicable that a Constitutional Amendment is needed ot make America safe from them. The pickings are getting slimmer for Drudge!

10/18/2004

 
Blogger 7472 said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how cam across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site focusing on mens male enhancement reviews and mens health related topics.

10/02/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy!

I am out spreading the word
to all true supporters of trinity evangelical church

I believe that readers of this blog
would be fascinated to read about
the great new book at

trinity evangelical church

10/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh cool blog you have here!

I noticed you have a nice blog, read all of your links kept me interested for a good time! well done :)

Thanks for a good read instead of some of the other stuff people post here!

10/18/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post I found the same credit score

10/23/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Make Big Money**blog. It pretty much covers Make Big Money articles related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11/01/2005

 
Blogger Goodman441 said...

Hey! I found a great new site for loans and credit card information, Please visit it when you can, You will be glad you did!! Go here now! http://www.loanofficial.com

11/03/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog aboutpaid surveyand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog aboutpaid survey so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here.

11/04/2005

 
Blogger Gordon said...

Hello, you blog is funny and informative. I have a website about improving your adult sex life. Please visit if you want to enjoy sex more in a proper way.

11/06/2005

 
Blogger Credit Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering credit cards for bad credit related stuff. Feel free to visit my credit cards for bad credit site.

12/26/2005

 
Anonymous credit score said...

thanks

12/29/2005

 
Anonymous Cardiology News said...

Hi,
I was searching through Blogger to see if I can find some information on Medical News. I stumbled on your blog, as this was not quite what I was looking for about Medical News. I did however read your blog and found it quite interesting, keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit it again.
Regards,

1/04/2006

 
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi Blogger! I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
ways to make more money
It pretty much covers ways to make more money related issues.
Best regards!

1/10/2006

 
Blogger James Baker said...

I was searching blogs,and I found your site.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
to make money when
It pretty much covers to make money when related issues.
Have a good day!

1/17/2006

 
Anonymous Money said...

Hi blogger:)

We will try to keep my web blog up to date as much as U do.. Up till now We had neither a single comment.. We do not know what is wrong with it.... however Ur is awesome.. We love it!!!! :)

Regards,
work at home make money

3/09/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home