Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Monday, November 29, 2004

The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man

Ah, the perfect match for a boy suffering from "boy disease" is clearly the Cosmo girl. I should have figured. Who else has time to sit around trying to suss out what some guy means by calling you sporadically, refusing to commit to anything, including dinner, and laughing at you behind your back? How to convince yourself that he really loves you when he won't say so because saying things like "I love you" is just too gross and girly? Well, Cosmo has a list of silent ways a guy is saying "I love you." Luckily, all these are properly ambigious, so don't be surprised if what you thought was a proclamation of love was just gas. Keep buying Cosmo to find out more!

You catch him staring at your eyes.
The eyes are more than just windows to a man's soul, they can also be a tattletale to what's wellling in his heart. Men always ogle the objects they desire -- it's the reason you're always busting us cleavage-peeping.

So if he stares at cleavage, he loves you? Or just your eyes? I'm confused.

There are two types of I-love-you looks. There's the secret stare (you'll have to catch him in the act). "Watching my girlfriend at a party allows me a private moment when I can pinch myself and wonder how I deserve this amazing person in my life -- a perspective I can't get when she's right there in front of me," says Patrick, 30.

So if you look at him and he looks away, assume that he is dying of love but just can't tell you. After all, it's hard for a man to love you when he's dealing with the actual you. Like Patrick here, men find women much more lovable when they are far, far away.

Then there's the steady gaze. Guys are guarded when it comes to showing emotion. If they lock eyes for a full-tilt, unabashed stare, they're lowering their shield to let you in. "I'd never hold that sort of eye contact with anyone else, but an intense gaze with my girlfriend reflects how comforted and captivated I am by her," says Chip, 29.

Got it. If he looks away, he loves you. If he stares at you, he loves you. That or you have red-eye and you need more sleep. Or a booger.

He stocks his kitchen with stuff you like.
Discovering that his kitchen is loaded with biscotti, lemon-lime seltzer, and other feminine edibles (that would only pass his lips at gunpoint) shows you're lingering on his mind in the most unexpected, unromantic places -- like the produce aisle on a solo shopping trip.

That or the Queer Eye guys got a hold of him. Or his doctor told him eat something other than steak or face the consequences. But then I guess you can convince yourself he only wants to live now that he has you in his life.

Furthermore, stocking up means he's gone public with your place in his pad. You see, men like to maintain at least the image of being detached for as long as possible. So leaving unmistakable evidence in our home that there's a woman present in our life is a bright red flag that you're The One.

Still, even if there's wine spritzers and Diet Coke in the fridge, if he tells his friends in front of your face, "No, she's not my girlfriend," be a little hesistant before you start picking out rings.

He talks about where he wants to live in three years.
Telling you he plans to relocate out West one day may seem like a neon warning not to get any long-term ideas because your man's getting set to leave you in the dust. However, it might also be his wily way of letting you know that he wants you in his future.

Got it. If he idly talks about his plans three years down the road, he is either telling you that he'll be gone by morning or he's proposing marriage. One thing is for certain--he's not making small talk. You see, men never do. Even when he asks, "Cold enough for you?" on a cold day, he is sending silent signals about his marital intentions.

He wears the sweater you gave him all the time.

It couldn't possibly be because he likes it, could it?

Trusting you behind the wheel of his wardrobe is something no man does readily. Not that guys are really all that picky about their appearance, it's just that we pride ourselves on being, well, ourselves.

Ah, your boyfriend can be counted on to deliberately avoid wearing a sweater that he likes to show you who's boss. Hang onto someone like that as if your life depended on it.

Consequentially, every time a guy does don some item he obviously didn't pick out for himself, he's showing that he's letting you take control and do a little remodeling.

I buy my boyfriend sweaters all the time. At no point did I realize that my innocent gifts of sweaters are in fact insidious attempts to turn him into Pussy Whipped Sweater Man.

It's a bold statement, one that guarantees he'll encounter a certain amount of abuse from his peers.

Shit, nothing like the ridicule I'd give him for having friends who say, "That sweater has girl cooties. Nanny nanny boo boo."

He stands right next to you in public.

Most men in America demonstrate their non-whipped status by making their girlfriends and wives walk 10 paces behind, after all.

That's why when a man's still uncertain about his feelings, he'll either trail several feet behind you or get out in front and lead the path -- two safety positions that keep his wandering eyes hidden.

Huh. Is that why men walk to the altar first during wedding ceremonies, too? In case they see someone they like better and need to bolt?

He doesn't flinch if you pick up his phone.

Caller ID has made this particular tip utterly and completely irrelevant. Does anyone pick up the phone and not read out loud who's calling anymore?

And now for the super-fast ways you know a man wuvs you.

He arrives at the restaurant for your dinner dates before you do.

Picking a woman up for a date is grounds for common-law marriage in 12 states, did you know?

He remembers the names of your friends (and not just the pretty ones).

Though he still ranks your friends in terms of attractiveness in front of you. Rethink the love thing if he actually keeps a bulletin board with the rankings and the probability he can talk the top five into bed.

He does things with you during prime sports time (Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 1 to 7).

This counts even if he doesn't like sports, so don't freak out, Cosmo girls!

He asks about your family.

This counts even if he sees family pictures in your hallway and says, "Is this your family?"

He picks you up from the airport ... during rush hour.

This doesn't count if you promised him a blow job for the ride.

60 Comments:

Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh my lord. Snort!

11/29/2004

 
Blogger Amanda Marcotte said...

Nothing like working on my neuroses like sharing them with the world.

11/29/2004

 
Blogger Barbara Preuninger said...

"Pussy Whipped Sweater Man"

I laughed out loud at this one. And since I lost (most of) my voice over the weekend, it sounded *really* awful. I need to keep that in mind before I read this stuff...

:o)

11/30/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. banks

10/27/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imagine Thousands Of Links Back To Your Web Site From Other People's Blogs!

10/28/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a lot of premium products and services being offered for free. What’s best is that there is a seemingly

11/03/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

West Coast Hydroponics! Orange County's HYDRO store!

11/03/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about make money typing from home You should check it out sometime.

11/03/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Amanda, after spending considerable time searching for ohio lemon law, I would like to say thanks for the post on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. A ohio lemon law isn't always easy to find quality information for. Thanks again.

11/09/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Amanda, I'm was looking for information on ohio lemon law and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for ohio lemon law, I came accross your site The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man, not exactly what I was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

11/10/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Amanda, I'm was looking for information on north carolina lemon law and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for north carolina lemon law, I came accross your site The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man, not exactly what I was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

11/11/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Amanda, after spending considerable time searching for lemon law attorney, I would like to say thanks for the post on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. A lemon law attorney isn't always easy to find quality information for. Thanks again.

11/12/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda, after spending so much time looking for california lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. A california lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

11/12/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet

11/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Amanda, after spending considerable time searching for , I would like to say thanks for the post on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. A isn't always easy to find quality information for. Thanks again.

11/25/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda, after spending so much time looking for florida lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. A florida lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

11/25/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Amanda, after spending considerable time searching for new york lemon law, I would like to say thanks for the post on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. A new york lemon law isn't always easy to find quality information for. Thanks again.

11/27/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amanda, after spending so much time looking for massachusetts lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. A massachusetts lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

11/27/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for a maryland lemon law Go to http://www.thenextbigthingonline.com/lemonlaw. Cheers

11/30/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, searching for information in reguards to any new lemon laws on used car lemon law and read your site on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. Not exactly what I needed but it drew my attention. Many people get into trouble with used car lemon law and the new laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

12/04/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, searching for information in reguards to any new lemon laws on massachusetts lemon law and read your site on The Cosmo girl for the love-phobic man. Not exactly what I needed but it drew my attention. Many people get into trouble with massachusetts lemon law and the new laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

12/06/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the info

1/08/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on lemon law and, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and

read your site. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any

new lemon law and laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

1/09/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on lemon law and, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and

read your site. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any

new lemon law and laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

1/11/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post

1/15/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending so much time looking for used car lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post. A

used car lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

1/16/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for information on lemon law for used, trying to find information in reguards to any new lemon laws and

read your site. Although not exactly what I needed it caught my attention. Many people have problems and any

new lemon law for used laws may not help them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

1/16/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you looking for a Home Design in your area? If so here is a fantastic resource for local listings related to Home Design with information, locations, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com

1/21/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending so much time looking for georgia lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post. A

georgia lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

1/23/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a home renovation project to improve the way you live your life. There are so many great local resources now for Cheap Kitchen Cabinet . It is easier than ever to pick up the phone or go online and find Cheap Kitchen Cabinet.

Another great site with a lot of updating information is http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com. Thanks by the way for such a great blog!

1/26/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching for information in reguards to any new lemon laws on virginia lemon law and read your site. Not

exactly what I needed but it drew my attention. Many people get into trouble with virginia lemon law and the new laws may not help

them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

1/27/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you looking for a Modern Kitchen Design in your area? If so here is a fantastic resource for local listings related to Modern Kitchen Design with information, locations, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com

1/28/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there
I was out blogging and came across this one. A very fine written piece of work. If anyone's looking for a charter boat or fishing guide in north carolina here's a website.

Thanks for the great reading
north carolina crappie fishing

1/31/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for information on lemon law lawyers and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and

difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for lemon law lawyers, I came accross your site, not exactly what I

was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

2/04/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking for information on missouri lemon law and it's amazing how much junk there is out here and

difficult to find the good stuff. Well searching for missouri lemon law, I came accross your site, not exactly what I

was looking for, but what a read. Thanks.

2/07/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending so much time looking for lemon law pennsylvania, I just have to say thanks for the post. A

lemon law pennsylvania isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

2/08/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello ##NAME##, with all the information on telework I became very overwhelmed. Anyway, I was online doing a specific search for the most current information on telework and somehow I ended up on your site. ##NAME## to be frank, ##TITLE## wasn't not the exact match to what I was looking for, but boy am I glad I'm here. You've certainly managed to grab me attention and peak my interest. I must say this is a great blog and I'm most certainly happy that I stopped by eventhough it wasn't the telework related information I was looking for. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

2/10/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching for information in reguards to any new lemon laws on south carolina lemon law and read your site. Not

exactly what I needed but it drew my attention. Many people get into trouble with south carolina lemon law and the new laws may not help

them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

2/15/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending so much time looking for south carolina lemon law, I just have to say thanks for the post. A

south carolina lemon law isn't always easy to find the best information on. Anyway, thanks again.

2/16/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thank you for everything you have taught me on this delicate
webblog of yours..

Thanks,
delicate

2/21/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your blog is really an eye opener. I shall treasure this blog to tell it to my friends...

improve memory

3/04/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...


computer armoire Computer Training. General Computer Training Survival Guide. Put An End To Your PC Nightmares
Amazing New Survival Guide Guarantees You Can Conquer The PC Beast Right In Front Of You!

Does this scenario sound familiar?

It's 3:00 a.m. in the morning. You've just spent the past 24 hours trying to figure out a problem you're having with your personal computer. You've got a gazillion websites, files, manuals and troubleshooters open and you can't figure out where that last little tidbit is that you are SURE will solve the problem! You're so frustrated that you're ready to throw the blasted computer in the trash, monitor, cpu and all!

We've all been there at one time or another. And just when you think you've found the answer, the writer leaps into a whole litany of "geek speak" and once again you're headed down a dead end road. Well, that was then. This is now. You have got to get your hands on the tool that has revolutioned my pc experience. Computer Training computer armoire

4/16/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my auto insurance online quote rate site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

6/29/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my auto insurance quotes in site.
Have a great week!

7/06/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my auto insurance quotes uk site.
Have a great week!

7/07/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my auto insurance texas cheap site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

7/09/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my automobile insurance providers site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

7/17/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my automobile insurance rate comparison site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

7/18/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my auto financing calculator site.
Have a great week!

7/18/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my automobile insurance rules illinois site.
Good luck!

7/18/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my auto loan amortization chart site.
Have a good day!

7/19/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my afghan horsemen restaurant site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

7/22/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my bad credit card site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

7/26/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my small business banking site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

7/29/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my california health insurance agent site.
Good luck!

8/09/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

car carolina murphy north used

3/16/2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to BayAreaLawyers.com We are your free directory of San Francisco Bay Area lawyers who provide free or paid consultations to local residents in need of legal advice or services. If you have a legal question, or in need of legal advice on any subject then let us become your number #1 online source for legal help in the Bay Area.

10/07/2009

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bay Area Funeral Service - San Jose Funeral Home
San Jose Funeral Home serving the whole Bay Area for all of your funeral needs: Memorial Services, Cremation servies, Graveside Services and all your funeral needs.408-621-1271
www.bayareafuneralservice.com

2/28/2010

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, oakley vault, ray ban outlet, kate spade handbags, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, longchamp handbags, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet online, coach outlet, christian louboutin, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, burberry outlet online, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, red bottom shoes, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike shoes, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet online, prada outlet, coach outlet, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, longchamp outlet, true religion, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach outlet store online, polo ralph lauren, burberry outlet online, nike free, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, michael kors outlet store

11/16/2014

 
Blogger oakleyses said...

swarovski jewelry, converse shoes, ugg, canada goose pas cher, hollister, oakley, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, pandora uk, hollister canada, converse, moncler, louboutin, replica watches, timberland shoes, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 case, ray ban, swarovski uk, uggs canada, moncler, gucci, moncler, vans, montre femme, juicy couture outlet, moncler, ralph lauren, coach outlet, moncler, moncler, moncler outlet, links of london uk, thomas sabo uk, louis vuitton canada, supra shoes, baseball bats, wedding dress, hollister clothing, karen millen, canada goose uk, toms outlet, parajumpers outlet, air max, lancel, canada goose, nike air max

11/16/2014

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home