Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Late night sick female musician blogging

I missed doing it yesterday, and I nearly did today 'cause I don't feel so good. So I'll add another band that my aforementioned drummer friend asked that I cover because he is in love with their drummer: The Go-Go's.

The Go-Go's are the dictionary definiton of a guilty pleasure, but since I refuse to feel guilty about stupid stuff like that I enjoy their brainless pop music cheerfully. Anyway, they really do have a great drummer, Gina Schock.

A common misconception about The Go-Go's is that in order to like them you have to like Belinda Carlisle. This is patently false. No one like Belinda Carlisle, because she is stuck-up in the worst way, which is to say she pretends she wasn't a crazy party girl but oh she was. Also, and this is totally unfair, but she strikes me as that one girl who won't make a face for the camera whenever everyone else is being goofy because she's being pretty all the time. So forget her. She can't barely sing anyway.

No, The Go-Go I love, besides Gina, of course, is Jane Wiedlin. She is funny, cute, cool and wrote some pretty catchy tunes. So get into Jane's groove and give yourself permission to like The Go-Go's. Or, if you really can't stretch that far for fear of losing your reputation, well burn some discs of their stuff, put it in your car and label it something that no one will ever being inclined to shove into your c.d. player one random night. Try labeling them something like "Contemporary Jazz Favorites" or something like that. And then when no one is looking, goof out to The Go-Go's in the privacy of your own car. It can be our little secret.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elayne said...

Yeah, I never liked how Belinda lost weight and then pretended she wasn't way cuter when she was larger.

My favorites are probably Gina and Charlotte. I have to admit Jane's squeak-voice kinda grates on me.

10/09/2004

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home