Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Friday, October 08, 2004

When a wedgie isn't just a wedgie

I grew up roughhousing with boys. My male cousins still get a kick out of the fact that now that they have outgrown me, they can throw me over their shoulders and spin me until I get dizzy or blindside me with a tackle. I squeal and laugh and throw weak punches and have a good time. In friendly relationships with men, there's roughhousing (notably the one time that a good friend of mine and I got kicked out of a bar for fake-fighting--I swear, it was fake). In romantic relationships, tickling, wrestling, goosing, you name it. I preface the post with all of this to remind everyone that the distinction between fun and harassment is not being blurred by feminists but by victimizers who are looking for a cover for their behavior.

Ross Lincoln sent me this story about a boy giving a girl a wedgie.

A 16-year-old Muskego student accused of giving a "wedgie" to his former girlfriend at school is facing juvenile charges of fourth-degree sexual assault.

Gosh, that doesn't sound so bad. I've gotten wedgies, you've gotten wedgies. Granted, they used to date but still. Could there be more to this story?

The girl, 15, told authorities that the boy pushed her up against a locker, put his hand down the back of her pants and pulled her thong up above the waistline of her pants, the police report released Wednesday says. The boy also touched the girl's buttocks, the report says.
She told him to stop at least three times and said that the incident was both painful and embarrassing, the report says.


I dealt with some ugly harassment when I was in high school, having my body grabbed and getting called names but I can safely say that no one actually had the nerve to put his hands inside my clothes.

But the boy had his reasons!

After the assault, according to the report, the boy said, "Now I got some action."

The boy told police that since he had dated the girl in the past, he thought it was OK to do what he did.


Ah, I see. He had a good reason to believe that she owed him the chance to humiliate her in public because she had dated him for a bit. I don't imagine this young man would have agreed to the contention that she had a right to strip him naked and make fun of his penis in public due to a prior relationship, however.

The comments at Fark are just the sort of thing that made me not want to read Fark, which is to say that very few people saw that there was really a problem with the boy's belief that taking a girl on a date gives you the right to mock her in public and molest her at will for as long as you wish. But first, a word from the reason they still have statuatory rape laws:

PS: 16 year olds in thongs. stampa stampa.

And this from a commenter who figures that knowing a girl gives a guy a right to manhandle her:

Doesn't say grabbed - it says touched. It's his former girlfriend, he obviously knows her fairly well...have you never joked around with a female friend?

I'm sure next time he sees his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend with his hands down her pants, he'll understand it's just joking around with a female friend.

my question is wtf's a 15 yr old doing wearing a thong ?!

God knows that guys never harassed girls before the invention of thong underwear. Had I known that was the problem, I too would have refrained from wearing thong underwear in high school....oh wait, I didn't wear thong underwear in high school. Hmmm....it must be girls in pants! That's the ticket!

biatch is my term for a girl that whined and cried about it instead of kicking his ass like he deserved. This country's full of whiny asses that want to run and cry to people and expect them to "take care of it" instead of handing thier own problems. It's called personal responsibility, check into it.

Once again, we peer into the wingnut mind and find that the term "personal responsibility" is only applicable to victims and never to victimizers. Now that a young man has to take responsibility for something he chose to do, the squealing and complaining begins.

He learned it from Clinton who always got excited at the sight of a thong. in fact that's about the time our moral decay became okay for anyone doing sex acts.

There was no sexual assault ever before Clinton had consensual sex. That would probably come as a surprise to your local police department.

I saw a girl give another girl a wedgie in gym class. The one girl bent right over to tie her shoes, and the other girl ran by and gave those panties the hardest yank she could manage. I think every guy in the class went home and beat it that day

No, actually only you, weirdo. No one else thought the dogs humping was all that sexy, either.

parents that will buy 12-15 year old girls thongs are asking for trouble. Right or wrong, that thong says "easy." You can say whatever you want to flame me, but I got to my nephew's 9th grade football games and I see 12 and 13 and 14 year old girls with thongs sticking out of their skin tight shorts that say "sexpot" on the back and their skintight tops that their bras are busting out of all over. They are constantly pulling the shorts out of their collective ass cracks all night long.

Because you are stare at the asses of underage girls is not the fault of their parents.

You might not realize what is socially acceptable in today's age. Look at all the little fake, baby gangsters that are complete scumbags getting today's teenage women. Half the time, an incident like this would lead to the woman giving the guy oral love in the bathroom (it is an exaggeration, but the point is many young women actually enjoy this type of behavior).

How much you wanna bet this is one of those guys who whines that he can't get laid because he's a "nice guy" and girls only like assholes?

To all of you who are over reacting. This has only happened once. To a girl he use to date, by no means should he be charged with a crime and sent to juvie.

Didn't you know the rules? You get one freebie assault after breaking up with a girl, for god's sake!

And so on and so forth. The sad thing was that a number of people were still hyper-focused on the underwear this girl was wearing and what that might have to do with her assault. The article shouldn't have mentioned it--what does it matter? It's just more evidence that not only do we not give women in general basic privacy rights, but that we think that teenage girls especially don't have any right to privacy. What kind of underwear a girl has under her clothes is not open to public debate, period. I don't see anyone screaming and crying about boys wearing boxier briefs instead of the less sexy tighty-whiteys.

As for sexual harassment in the schools, it's about time someone did something about it. When I was in high school, it was a constant problem and the teachers never said anything, ever. Granted, it never got so bad, but that's only because we were lucky. At my cousin's high school, a girl in this situation was not so lucky as her ex-boyfriend decided to lock her in the stairwell between classes and invite a couple of his friends to rape her. The school took the doors off the stairwell, but the young woman was harassed so much that they had to transfer her to a different school. A firmer policy against sexual harassment might not have prevented that assault, but it's a step in the right direction towards teaching boys that they do not have the right to just do what they want to girls, even if they used to date them.

34 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

The entire state of California apparently thinks this kind of obscene, criminal behavior is just fine. Consider whom they elected governor.

What made me crazy was when Soledad O'Brien was interviewing someone about Schwarzenegger, and the guest said there were numerous criminal charges that had yet to be brought against him. "Criminal!?" O'Brien asked, in utter shock. Apparently, the news just hasn't gotten around that sexual assault is a crime.

10/08/2004

 
Blogger Elayne said...

Yes, the Fark lads can be a little backwards, that's one reason I don't go to Fark any more. There are a few who are human, but most of them do tend to act like insecure little boys.

10/09/2004

 
Blogger mythago said...

D.E.D., did you notice that the Governator did not in fact win 100% of the vote in California?

10/09/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Spongebob got a few votes. Even though he does live in a place called "Bikini Bottom."

You're right, it doesn't matter what kind of underwear she wore, or if she dated him. He put his hands down her pants and pulled an article of clothing up. It's sexual harassment and he deserves to go to juvie. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. I doubt the boy was a sociopath. Damn pervert just has no self-control.

6/16/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyes readind your blog about male baby name i have a related blog at male baby name

10/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!

11/05/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your sexy boot blog. You might find this lingerie site interesting : SexyBedroomAttire.com

11/16/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice woman in thong blog. I found this site that has discount lingerie : **SexyBedroomAttire**

11/16/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.getipodsforfree.com has this cool thing where if you just sign up and do an offer, you can get a free ipod

11/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your bra underwear blog. You should check out this bra underwear site : **SexyBedroomAttire.com**

11/17/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I just read an interesting
article at sex enhancement. It pretty much
covers sex enhancement related stuff. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11/24/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site Amanda, I found to be interesting. When I was searching for Baby Name yours was the most eye catching. While working on my site Baby Name I have been looking for ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!

12/28/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Dorm Laundry Bags

1/05/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website linked to exercise for harder erections Come by some time.
I undoubtedly fancy your site, I bookmarked it! This information is fantastic stuff.

1/11/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the most useful information I came across today. When searching for penis enlargement photo , I had come across your site. Always a pleasure to see other blogs related to my site penis enlargement photo Keep up the great work.

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to penis enlargement diary Come by some time.
I absolutely fancy your website, It's bookmarked! This information is fine stuff.

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My site is in a similar niche and some might find it as useful. I have a penis enlargement study related site focusing on penis enlargement study related topics.
Not what I was searching for, but none the less an interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar site connected to penis pill Come by some time.
I with out a doubt like your site, will book mark it! This post is fine stuff.

1/18/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your blog, � very nice.
I made myself a blog, I have a italian baby name site. It pretty much covers italian baby name related stuff. Check it

out if you have the time :)

2/11/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Your site is the nicest one I have seen for a long time. I would be interested if could you send me a newsletter or some further information.

Thanks
from make money extra home

2/21/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought I'd find your site looking for louis vuitton purse. Strange. Good stuff. Think I'll try another term. Nice blog.

2/22/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I like about the cyberworld I live in 18 hours a day is the random nature of the landscape. Here I am on your site, posting. Yet you might live a 1000 miles away. Then, I could search for shoes purse, and be 1000 miles away from that blog (you know, meaning where the person who blogs lives). Sorry to rant. Good blogging.

3/01/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have too much to do and so little time. Cliche, I know, but it's true. Nice blog. I had to say something nice about it. I am off to search for a site about hobo purse now. May you have a happy new year.

3/01/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching blogs for real estate traffic.
Came here. Interesting blog.
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
real estate traffic

3/01/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a similar website tied to big willy Come by some time.
I absolutely fancy your website, It's bookmarked! This information is fine stuff.

3/09/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Thanks for such awesome blog you put together. The information is very unique and most of all it is useful.

Regards,
make easy money online

3/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learning about big willie has been a passion of mine. It's always good to see other sites interested in the same thing. One site I found helpful is big willie They don't cover all of the subject, but cover quit a bit. Thanks for providing such good information for all to enjoy. From all of us here in New York, have a great year.

3/14/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi blogger:)

This blog is very cool, further more it has information which is essential to me...

Regards,
make money online

3/17/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Jackets information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read.

4/01/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked your writing style today. Really well said. Do have a great week.

4/09/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Nice blog! I'm going to bookmark you!

I have a home information schooling site. It relates to home information schooling for mortgage brokers who want value and sales.

Come and check us out when you get a minute :-)

4/13/2007

 
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

green bay packers jerseys
ugg boots
rolex replica watches
michael kors outlet
hermes belts
ugg boots
michael kors uk
nike outlet
nike air max 90
coach outlet online

8/25/2017

 
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.11
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ralph lauren outlet
moncler jackets
uggs outlet
off white nike
oakley sunglasses
cheap nba jerseys
nike shoes for men
ralph lauren uk
ultra boost

8/10/2018

 
Blogger yanmaneee said...

longchamp
off white
golden goose
pandora jewelry
kd shoes
off white
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
kobe 9
lebron james shoes
nike off white

12/27/2020

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home