Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Friday, November 12, 2004

You lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas

Attention conservative men who wish to comment on my blog! You are welcome here, but if you choose to address me in that tone that sexist men use when speaking to women, particularly young women, a tone that indicates that you are setting the silly, misguided female straight, you will get mocked on my blog. Like this comment on my sexual freedom is a family value post:

"Conservatives advance the idea that sex and birth control are bad . . ."I gave up reading any further because if someone really, truly believes that it the conservative position (no pun intended) then they are absolutely clueless. Conservatism ain't your grandpa's conservatism anymore folks. You're absolutely clueless.

I shan't waste energy on mocking the ridiculousness of calling someone clueless when you can't be bothered to continue to read on long enough to find out that I was describing the lopsided nature of the debate, since the irony of that is easy enough to grasp for the bright, witty people who I am lucky enough to have stop by my blog.

But if you persist in engaging in this kind of willful ignorance, then I will have to set you straight. The Republican party openly caters to the anti-sex brigade. Your party can barely win an election, and certainly not a presidential election, without drumming up huge amounts of anti-sex hysteria. You and Andrew Sullivan can sit around smugly pretending that this won't come back to bite you on the ass, but I'm here to tell you--lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. Don't want to be seen as part of the anti-sex brigade? Quit giving them your money and your vote.

More on this topic from Steve Gilliard.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed by how many people I see and hear talking about how "the new conservatism" stands for specific things that are completely different from the actions of this administration, yet those same people strongly support the President. If conservatives like smaller government, why would they vote for someone who increased government, including non-defense spending and personnel, to the largest ever? If conservatives like less government interference in their lives, why would they vote for someone who advocates things like the Patriot Act and constitutional amendments to limit freedoms? I can't think of a single thing that "the new conservatism" stands for that this administration embodies, yet they voted for him in record numbers. As far as I can tell, the new conservatism is nothing but an excuse to vote for the GOP without having to justify the GOPs horrendous actions.

11/13/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the new "conservatives" are in a tizzy that Mary Cheney had the unmitigated gall to "flaunt" her homosexuality by standing with her partner on stage while her "doting and loving" father made a speech after the election. They are also pissed that the new attorney general is not tough enough in favor of anti-abortion (some call it pro-life, but then they would have to be anti-war, unless they are hypocrites). The new conservatives are about to find out they have been played and pandered to, and that they are just pawns used to help make the ultra rich even richer. I can't wait for the GOP meltdown.

11/13/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was an eye opener, i didn't appreciate the information in that way beforeinternet make money I learned something internet make money

10/11/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like must love dog I think you'll like what you find at DogTwist

10/27/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan so youmight like canine gestation

10/30/2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home