Friday Random Ten--"The Ramones Ain't No Herb Alpert" Edition
In honor of the woman who leads us and her declaration that this is Estrogen Week, all the bands on the Friday Random Ten have to have at least one female member. How did I pull off this amazing feat? Uh, after I hit shuffle I just read the names of the bands and skipped any that have no women.
1. "Truth"--New Order
2. "Lexicon Devil"--The Germs
3. "Little Boy"--The Crystals
4. "Wake Up"--Sahara Hotnights
5. "Who Needs Forever"--Astrud Gilberto
6. "Poor Little Critter on the Road"--The Knitters
7. "The Great Love Sound"--The Ravonettes
8. "Anorak Girls"--Anorak Girl
9. "5 O'Clock in the Morning"--The Donnas
10. "Wild Honey Pie"--The Pixies
Also through Feministe, I found this link from Cruella-blog, about a study that found that men and women define "sense of humor" as an attractive quality differently. Yep, men generally defined it as "laughs at my jokes" and women as "makes me laugh". Of course, this is more evidence that I'm actually a man, since I too think that you have a good sense of humor if you laugh at my jokes. Or it could just mean I'm vain.