Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Nothing to add, just check it out

Elayne Riggs has a good round-up of some religion stuff. I'm not sure how I feel about focusing on religious issues. While I and most people I know firmly believe in the separation of church and state, my fear is that most of America may not actually agree.
Body and Soul has a great post on attempts to create a loophole for churches to participate in the political process. Basically, the loophole would allow churches to keep their tax-exempt status after they endorse candidates by claiming that they did so "accidentally". As she points out, this is a lie and this bill in encouraging lying, which is a HUGE sin. Christians should be concerned that our government is encouraging ministers to break the 8th Commandment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elayne said...

Thanks for the plug, Amanda! Religion has always fascinated me, but I do try to keep it at arm's length. Ritual, on the other hand, I tend to embrace. I just put a mezuzah on my front door, for instance, and did the blessing and all, but it was the mezuzah that used to be in my room as a kid that my parents found for me, so that's more a link-to-the-past kinda thing for me than a yay-go-God thing, if that makes sense.

6/15/2004

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home