Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

More on abortion and Dred Scott

P6 has a good analysis round-up.

That Bush whipped out such an extremely specific, if weird, argument against abortion during the debates tells me one thing--he already has someone in mind to appoint and that person intends to overturn Roe v Wade with this argument. Let everyone you speak to know that Bush promised to appoint an anti-abortion judge to the Supreme Court.

The arrogance of anti-choicers is breath-taking. They are out there day in and day out fighting to repeal women's rights (first to an abortion and as we all know now, next to use female-controlled contraception like the pill) and then they turn around and piously compare themselves to those who struggled against slavery and racism for centuries. For shame.

People who struggled against slavery and racism fought a long, hard, dangerous struggle that they are still fighting today. Thousands upon thousands of people have lost their lives fighting for racial justice. I realize that hardcore anti-choicers are frustrated that they don't get to just write laws punishing the sluts for fucking, but I would hardly put their struggles in the same league as everyone from John Brown to Martin Luther King, Jr. who died fighting for justice.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger:)

It is not common for me to keep reading - however this time I break the rules. I liked it too much that also ended bookmarked it.

Thanks,,
make easy money online

3/17/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the last time you really had a decent holiday away from home? How about trying out a trip to the beautiful Hawaiian tropics?

Aloha!
Honolulu

4/17/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog. If you like you can visit erotic hypnosis.

5/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. Recently I created a site about Hypnosis Articles and would love you to take a look to see what you think

6/09/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. Here's a great site about lucid dreaming

6/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my make money surfing site.
Have a great week!

8/13/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! You really are very talented and deserve an honest compliment, congratulations! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a residual income affiliate site/blog. It successfully covers residual income affiliate related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.

8/14/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home