Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Friday, October 08, 2004

No time like the present

Kathleen Hanna is one of my all-time favorites, from the first time I heard Bikini Kill to the present. In her lyrics and singing, she doesn't bother to distinguish between humor and anger, which was a breath of fresh air to me since I myself am always frustrated by people who don't seem to understand that women can have dark senses of humor, too. Bikini Kill's loud music, sometimes angry, sometimes joyful, has been a real mainstay in my life and a great curative for times when you wonder if you're the only person in the world who is thinks so many revered things are utter bullshit.

So a few years ago when I heard that Hanna had a new band called Le Tigre, I was interested to hear what they sounded like, and I don't know if I was foolish or whatever but I did not expect to hear a low-fi pop/dance band. But it was really good--and their first album was ubiquitous in late 1999/2000. You couldn't turn on the local public radio station for more than half an hour without hearing something off of it. It also quickly became one of my all-time favorite albums, and unlike anything by Bikini Kill you can throw it on at parties and watch people wiggle around to it.

Anyway, I was going to hold off doing a daily post on Kathleen Hanna until later, but there's an interview in Pop Matters with her today that's well worth reading. Le Tigre has a new album coming out in a week and a half, so hopefully they will be touring through here again soon. (The last show they did here was on probably the coldest day that year. We had a camera and the pictures are pretty comical--imagine a bunch of people trying to boogie without letting any air leak underneath their overcoats, hats, or gloves.)

Fair warning--Hanna oft-times comes off as a bit of a Valley Girl when she speaks, which only makes her more endearing to me because I get taken for daffy at times for saying "like" and "you know?" all the time. But that she's not self-conscious means that she often can say what the rest of us might find harder to admit about ourselves. So go read and enjoy! And get their new album!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great If you ever need nitroglycerin erectile dysfunction related stuff, I'm sure you'd be interested in nitroglycerin erectile dysfunction

1/11/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is very informative. Dont't stop. I was searching for rated penis enlargement and came across yours. I'll bookmark you. Might check my site out if you are interested in rated penis enlargement stuff. You can find it here: rated penis enlargement

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading a paper from a university about this subject. Nice article. You know what you are talking about. Along the lines of this theme, I have a similar site enlargement penis enlargement where more information can be found on the subject. Thanks for the bit of information you posted here.

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the most useful information I came across today. When searching for pill penis enlargement , I had come across your site. Always a pleasure to see other blogs related to my site pill penis enlargement Keep up the great work.

1/12/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://bnczozfc.com/nsra/cgis.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pmxrbzdn.com/zrwh/kvlx.html]Cool site[/url]

8/05/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

8/05/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://bnczozfc.com/nsra/cgis.html | http://svxenfgz.com/hwqr/sxqk.html

8/05/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home