Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The good news

The Travis County District Attorney swept the election. Tom DeLay may still go to jail.

And the freaky Christian right is going to learn the hard way not to overstep their bounds.

John Kerry conceded because it was the right thing to do. I realize it would have been satisfying to watch him go down fighting, but it would have brought the fascist dogs out. He put the good of this country before his own ego, I truly believe. That's leadership. He would have been a fine President. Be careful reading this--I started to cry.

I'm proud of what we stood for in this campaign, and of what we accomplished. When we began, no one thought it was possible to even make this a close race. But we stood for real change, change that would make a real difference in the life of our nation, the lives of our families. And we defined that choice to America.

I'll never forget the wonderful people who came to our rallies, who stood in our rope lines, who put their hopes in our hands, who invested in each and every one of us. I saw in them the truth that America is not only great, but it is good.

So here -- so with a grateful heart -- I leave this campaign with a prayer that has even greater meaning to me now that I've come to know our vast country so much better. Thanks to all of you and what a privilege it has been. And that prayer is very simple: God bless America. Thank you.

Oh yeah. And yours truly got Honorable Mention for The Least Polite Political Blogger. Maybe if I make more cracks about rooting for lions in Christians vs. lions matchups, then I will win next year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, damn. Kerry's speech was touching, all right. Especially the part where the audience member says "We've still got your back."

I hope he gives Bush hell from the Senate.

11/03/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Maybe if I make more cracks about rooting for lions in Christians vs. lions matchups, then I will win next year."

*big hug* You do and I'll be your biggest fan. ;P

-- Aurora

11/03/2004

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home