Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Friday, June 04, 2004

Tightening the propaganda machine

I remember the first time anyone shoved a chart under my nose showing me how many media outlets were owned by how few people. That was back in like '97 or '98. Well, I almost fell over. And the number of people who control the major media has shrunk considerably. Of course, the owners preach about how fewer people owning more media will increase diversity, but by now I think most of us know pure Newsspeak when we hear it. Anyway, here's a good essay by Eric Alterman about how the actual workaday journalist feels about this situation and why that's cause for concern, because it's created a situation where anyone left of Attila the Hun is getting labeled "liberal".

Through Blondesense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home