Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

Horse races and swift boats

Once again, Steve Gilliard is on the ball. I wish I had gotten there first. *pout* But I was talking this whole swift boat thing over with my boyfriend, since he works with a bunch of Fox News-saturated Drudge readers who have been repeating the baseless assertions that Kerry is no hero. (We agreed that the best reply to them would be, "At least Kerry went." Rinse and repeat as often as necessary.) My boyfriend was frustrated that Kerry's people aren't responding to the attacks, which is a stance alot of people take. Hell, I've gone there myself.

But it occured to me while talking about this that Rove is running the exact same campaign against Kerry that he ran against McCain in 2000. It makes sense from his perspective. He sees everything as image and as far as image goes, McCain and Kerry both have the same strengths against specific Bush weaknesses. McCain and Kerry seem straightforward and honest compared to weasel-words Bush. McCain and Kerry seem like courageous war heroes next to draft-dodging, party boy Bush. Rove is a creature of habit. He beat McCain by race-baiting and denying that he really is a war hero, and he's going to whip out the war hero card with the swift boat guys and it looks like they are winding up to race-bait in regards to Kerry's family just like they did to McCain.

It's not going to work this time. For one thing, as Steve points out, McCain is pissed that they are doing this shit all over again, this time to a colleague he clearly respects. And he may jump ship over this issue. For another thing, Kerry's people, if they have any brains at all, have guessed that Rove would pull this crap and they're prepared for it. They're not going to do what McCain did and come back at BushCo swinging. That lost him the primary. They're going to bide their time and let the mean-spirited bullies hang their own selves. It may work, it may not. But it would be stupid not to learn from history and do just what McCain did.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, Thanks for the link to Steve G's post. Food for thought and, dare I say it, optimism.

spot

8/15/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the cool horse . You'll have to stop by www.horseoutlet.com sometime!

1/03/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I am doing research as per a fellow website owner suggested to gather information about delivering good content to my visitors. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area horse back riding equipment . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

horse back riding equipment

1/07/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there blog owner! I am searching blogs to find information and sources to help with my website:http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com/horse_supplies.html My site is fairly new about 8 months old and have a google pr of 3 and get about 50 people a day to visit. My site has horse shoeing equipment and is all affiliate merchandise.
I have been in MLM companys for the past 8 years offline mainly and have never made a dime. This is a new frontier for my wife and I and don't have very much experience but a friend suggested searching blogs to get ideas about how people sale and also what kind of information they offer their customers and clients. We are begining to make some good money selling horse shoeing equipment related articles but I also want to offer my customers some quality information to go along with good deals. If you make it to my site and can offer some constructive critisizm I will take it into consideration or if you have some ideas it will be greatly appreciated. Remember we are on a budget and we do all the work ourselves. We have alot to offer in this general area horse shoeing equipment and building. Thank you for your time.

1/21/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home