Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

A shameful thought

After pouring my coffee this morning, I remembered it was Sept. 11th.

No, this post is not a memorial!

We have to vote on property taxes today. And shamefully, I found myself cursing that I have to go vote. Usually, I am chomping at the bit to vote, especially now that I live in a fairly liberal area where my vote occasionally counts for something. To paraphrase Sarah Vowell, I pull the lever with one hand and use the other to give the Republicans the finger. (We have electronic voting, so actually I spin a dial with one hand, but you get the idea.) But today, I was grumpy. Plus, property tax votes piss me off. I don't think the schools should be funded by property taxes, but by a good, old-fashioned, no-loop-hole, progressive income tax that bites all these super-rich whiners like Michael Dell really hard. They want workers who can read? They can fucking pay for it.

But vote I will! I'll consider it a practice run for the vote that's gonna be a party in a couple months. And not to ride the wave of these "Sex and the City", single-girl voting movements that I find kind of tedious, but I do plan to wear cute shoes and lipstick when I vote for Kerry. The VERY few Republican meanies that will be around our polling place deserve to have their noses rubbed in it occasionally. That night, they'll be taking the state. But that afternoon, the Democrats will OWN the Lutheran church polling place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home