Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Gossip

The Gossip is one of those bands that I listen to and I can't help thinking, "Why are they not famous and Jack White is?" That's a bit unfair, but I just can't help it. (Anyway, I think that about at least 3 bands a day. It's like getting your fiber--keeps you regular.)

The band has a dude playing guitar, but don't let that dissuade you. (Kidding, okay?) They have a gritty southern rock sound, which makes them, in my experience at least, way more accessible than a lot of more recent punk bands. But as I've said before, we breathe that kind of music in Texas, so maybe it sounds weirder to other people.

Their new album Movement is fantastic, with the lead singer Beth Ditto's voice really jumping out at you--she's definitely inspired by blues singers and it really adds some color to the whole album. Really, she's just one of the better singers I can think of working in punk rock today. The best part is that they don't get bogged down or impressed with themselves like a lot of southern rock-style bands do, but keep it well-paced and interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger d said...

My first exposure to The Gossip was seeing them open up for Sleater-Kinney. Their lead singer is an amazing talent, and I'm looking forward to hearing the new disc.

10/23/2004

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, I came across your site while doing a search on , popular female sigers, dancers, actresses and models. Though you don't have exactly what I was searching for it still provided quite an interested read. Thanks and keep up the good work!

10/27/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

Your blog "The Gossip", leads me to believe you will find my information on our Best Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

Floral Designers Wages
Graphic Designers Wages
Interior Designers Wages
Interpreters Wages
Translators Wages
Media Communication Equipment Technicians Wages
Merchandise Displayers Wages
Window Trimmers Wages.

We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

Best Wishes
Emily

11/22/2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home