Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I couldn't fucking wait to vote

And so it's done. Yea early voting!

The good news is the early voting booths were so congested that I didn't even get my "I Voted" sticker because there were so many people to trip over. I have never voted early, always on election day, and I have never seen that many people at a voting booth. Granted, early voting is in many less locations than regular voting, and this one is probably one of the highest traffic places because it's on campus. But still, my heart lept into my throat to see such a great sight. And it was diverse--yes, it's campus so it was mostly students. But employees, probably random people walking down the drag, all sorts were there. Texas has higher voter turnout than average, I do believe, and they expect this year to be killer. Especially with young people. Expect Texas NOT to give Bush the margins he got last election.

(It's a shame that we can't split up our electoral votes, something a number of states including Colorado is thinking of doing. Bush would have a lot more trouble winning without being able to take all of Texas.)

Dread has settled into my stomach now that the computer has swallowed my vote forevermore. I have been voting against the Shrub since I was eligible to vote and so far the fucker's won every time. I feel cursed. But now that the post-debate polls are finally coming together, I have reason to hope. But just please don't anyone forget to go vote Kerry!

Of course, there was more than a presidential election. I also voted Doggett for my representative, and for the Democrats in every office they were running. No votes for Republicans, even the ones running uncontested. Yes on the light rail, and if you live in Austin, for god's sake please vote yes on the light rail. If they put it in the right place, we could get oodles of crazy college students off the road at rush hour.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

10/25/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

10/28/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

11/07/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger!I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
computer networking hardware
It pretty much covers computer networking hardware related issues.
Best regards!

12/31/2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home