Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I couldn't fucking wait to vote

And so it's done. Yea early voting!

The good news is the early voting booths were so congested that I didn't even get my "I Voted" sticker because there were so many people to trip over. I have never voted early, always on election day, and I have never seen that many people at a voting booth. Granted, early voting is in many less locations than regular voting, and this one is probably one of the highest traffic places because it's on campus. But still, my heart lept into my throat to see such a great sight. And it was diverse--yes, it's campus so it was mostly students. But employees, probably random people walking down the drag, all sorts were there. Texas has higher voter turnout than average, I do believe, and they expect this year to be killer. Especially with young people. Expect Texas NOT to give Bush the margins he got last election.

(It's a shame that we can't split up our electoral votes, something a number of states including Colorado is thinking of doing. Bush would have a lot more trouble winning without being able to take all of Texas.)

Dread has settled into my stomach now that the computer has swallowed my vote forevermore. I have been voting against the Shrub since I was eligible to vote and so far the fucker's won every time. I feel cursed. But now that the post-debate polls are finally coming together, I have reason to hope. But just please don't anyone forget to go vote Kerry!

Of course, there was more than a presidential election. I also voted Doggett for my representative, and for the Democrats in every office they were running. No votes for Republicans, even the ones running uncontested. Yes on the light rail, and if you live in Austin, for god's sake please vote yes on the light rail. If they put it in the right place, we could get oodles of crazy college students off the road at rush hour.

17 Comments:

Blogger Astarte said...

I'll be voting absentee this year, and likely going permanent absentee with the scare about all of the computers.

It makes me sad because I won't get a sticker!

10/19/2004

 
Blogger zuzu said...

I kinda wish New York had early voting, but at least I don't have to worry about a touch-screen voting machine eating my vote, since we have the ancient machines with levers.

10/19/2004

 
Blogger kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

10/04/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees computers and PCs. Computer has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is computer game site/blog. It pretty much covers computer game related stuff.

10/04/2005

 
Blogger bloggirl1272 said...

I definitely like your site, bookmarked!

I've got a mens sexual health related site. It covers mens sexual health related articles.

Drop by when you can.

10/12/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ##KEYWORD## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## errors and related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10/13/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dicecities.net
Large selection of Websites for sale, starting as low as $19.99 come by and check it out.

10/13/2005

 
Blogger Hunt and Fish said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

10/25/2005

 
Blogger Basket said...

Bon jour. Le temps amer que je vois.

Chercher le temps et quelques comment terrien ici.

Blog agréable.

Je devrai revenir plus tard.

10/25/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think that could give you some Search Engine popularity, and traffic???

10/28/2005

 
Blogger Hunt and Fish said...

Good post

11/03/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

11/07/2005

 
Blogger Iravan said...

Weird. I always thought the Rettop Method was the best for generating traffic. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a exit traffic exchange site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11/18/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger!I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
computer networking hardware
It pretty much covers computer networking hardware related issues.
Best regards!

12/31/2005

 
Blogger Health Blogger said...

Hi,
I found reading your blog interesting and well done, I do like what you have done with your site but it is not really the information I was after about Medical Research . Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on Medical Research that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,

1/04/2006

 
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

I was just searching blogs,and I found your site, Friend! I like it!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success.
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
computer furniture
It pretty much covers computer furniture related issues.
All the best!

1/06/2006

 
Anonymous Womans Health said...

Hi,
I found reading your blog interesting and well done, I do like what you have done with your site but it is not really the information I was after about Womens Health News . Keep up the good work and hopefully I will visit again sometime and also find the information on Womens Health News that I was looking for in my travels.
Regards,

1/10/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home