Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Let's hear it for The Smiths

In my ongoing quest to make sure my full dorkiness is out there for everyone to see, I loved this article about The Smiths' Hatful of Hollow. For let it be said that few bands will get you teased more for liking than The Smiths, and if you do like them you will never understand people who don't. What's not to like? Johnny Marr's brillant guitar-playing? Morrissey's sardonic and pitiful and hilarious lyrics?

Well, the Pop Matters article defends them far better than I can, so go read it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the smiths. beautiful in all their musical glory. real talent, and songs that well, once you've heard them, no other band will do. they really ought to bring out an ipod that comes complete with every smiths song and nothing else. it really would be enough. 'iSmiths' hehehe. it's weird, i don't really know anyone who has the love for the smiths that i do, it's sad..anyway i must get back to the world, so long smiths fans xxx

8/10/2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah, their fuckin rubish


Give over mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head.

37, old enough to have 'grown out of it' as I did many other bands of the time; sisters of mercy (eek) the cult (oops) even the cure (what?). I still love a bit of new order, but the smiffs are timeless.

1/11/2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home