Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Interesting theory of beauty

Dan Savage is pretty funny this week. He cuts the crap and suggests that many beauty fashions are about flattering men. Specifically, flattering men that women want their attention so badly that they will mutilate themselves to get it. Or that misogyny is so ingrained that it's downright arousing.
He's got a point. He only mentions high heels, breast implants, foot-binding and FGM, but that list alone is an alarming look at the uglier side of human nature, dontcha think?
Of course, that being said, I do have to add that while foot-binding, FGM, and breast implants are all pretty weird, high heels actually make sense to me. I always thought that they were popular because they make your legs look longer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!

11/05/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am certainly glad I found your blog. I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page for future reference and reading.California Refinance

11/05/2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

1/08/2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home