Those questionaires you fill out that float around the blogosphere to add some meaningless personal detail and levity. Today's comes from Norbizness
, my neighbor and hero, who got it from My So-Called Blog
1. Your name spelled backwards
2. Where were your parents born?
Dad: Silver City, NM; Mom: Fresno, CA
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
You and the RIAA would love to know, wouldn't you?
4. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Right now Amaya's
as it's greasy and near by.
5. Last time you swam in a pool?
We went to Schlitterbahn in June. I can't believe I bought a new bathing suit for just that occasion. I should sleep in it.
6. Have you ever been in a school play?
I did alot of community and school theater. Mostly, I worked sound and music (big fucking surprise, huh?). Occasionally, I acted. My biggest role was Diane in Anne of Green Gables
7. How many kids do you want?
I have 2 cats. What more do you people want from me?
8. Type of music you dislike most?
This is the sort of question that non-music fans ask. But I have a strong dislike of insistent polka/Tejano beats keeping me up all night long.
9. Are you registered to vote?
I love registering to vote and I love voting. I recommend it all the time. Anyone who doesn't think voting is fun isn't doing it right. As I've said a hundred times, you should wear something to shock the upstanding ladies that run the polls when you vote. Then you should reward yourself with a margarita afterward. Voting is fun! Take the day off to do it.
10. Do you have cable?
I have one million cable channels. Okay, I'm exaggerating. But we have the huge digital cable package. And mostly it's on the Speed Channel.
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
Yes. On principle, I occasionally pretend I live in a French New Wave film. I also have striped clothing and used to have an adorable blunt cut.
12. Ever prank call anybody?
I lived in a small town. There was nothing else to do. Forgive me.
13. Ever get a parking ticket?
I just paid $75 worth of fucking parking tickets. Don't ask.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
Anyone who knows me well knows that there's no way I wouldn't if offered.
15. Farthest place you ever traveled
16. Do you have a garden?
Used to. We moved and haven't had a chance to replant it. I've had to go a whole summer without my herb garden or my tomatoes. Flower gardens strike me as too much work for too little food.
17. What’s your favorite comic strip?
Right now I love The Boondocks. However, Get Fuzzy is growing on me.
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Uh, my national anthem is "Beat on the Brat".
The words are pretty simple. We are the nation of people who get headaches when children cry.
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Baths. Every morning, and often at night.
20. Best movie you’ve seen in the past month? Scratch
was the best movie I hadn't seen before.
21. Favorite pizza topping?
As all pizza fans know, pizza toppings work together in harmony. I favor what locals call "The Stoner Special"--a veggie pizza with jalepenos and pineapple. There is no need to be stoned to enjoy this.
22. Chips or popcorn?
Tortilla chips with salsa are the perfect food.
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear?
Um, I favor dark colors. If you gotta wear it, you gotta see it. Regular red is best.
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
If this actually meant something, I would be the person to know.
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
No. I refuse to admit trying to out-hot anyone, ever. I don't go to parties or clubs, either.
26. Orange Juice or apple?
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
This questionaire was written by someone who doesn't live in Austin. Eating out here is a lifestyle, not an occasion.
28. Favorite type chocolate bar?
The kind with chocolate in it. If I must, those Cadbury egg things.
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls?
I voted in the last school board election. I am a huge dork. I had no idea who to vote for, but I went anyway. As I've stated before, voting is fun.
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
This questionaire is trying to hurt me. I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PLANT MY GARDEN THIS YEAR! If I did, homegrown tomatoes everyday.
31. Have you ever won a trophy?
I got a trophy for being on a middling bowling team. In high school, I lettered in 5 different events. Being a letterman is so much more fun than getting a trophy. For one thing, you can use your jacket for Halloween costumes.
32. Are you a good cook?
I like to think so, but I'm a little lazy so pasta is a common dish around here.
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
This is Texas. I pump my own gas and I shoot my own goddamn beer cans.
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
An article? I get most of mine from magazines. Anyway, didn't Ebay wipe infomercials out of existence?
35. Sprite or 7-up?
Beer. Okay, okay, okay. If I must, Sprite.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
Toilet paper. As for actual prescription drugs, I bought my last birth control pill pack about a year ago.
38. Ever throw up in public?
Jesus. Anyone who says they haven't is lying. Throwing up in public isn't a story. Throwing up inside your own pants is a story.
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
Tough call. Your true love can piss you off, but money stays forever true. How many millions?
40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Of course there is love at first sight. People claim it, and since the only measure of love is what people claim it to be, love at first sight is real.
41. Ever call a 1-900 number?
No, why would I?
42. Can ex’s be friends?
Again, I know plenty of people who are friends with ex's. Therefore, ex's can be friends. Saying otherwise is denying their experiences.
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
Visited? Don't remember. I had to take my boyfriend to the hospital for a broken arm a few months ago.
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
Yes. More interestingly, I had white-blonde hair until I was 6 when it suddenly grew in brown.
45. What message is on your answering machine?
Don't remember. I'm sure it's my name and a request to leave a message.
46. What’s your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
Wayne and Garth for the nostaglia pick.
47. What was the name of your first pet?
Crackers was my extremely fat dachsund born 4 months after me. She was the best dog ever, so sweet she would actually push herself under your head when you were laying on the floor so you had a pillow. She died when I was 15. My mom and I brought her body home from the vet and were trying to bury her in the backyard when a cowboy leaned across our fence and said, "If you don't dig that hole deeper, animals'll get to it." We began to cry and he got alarmed. We explained that our dog had died and he began to tear up. "Nothing like a good dog," he said and jumped over the fence. He dug the hole about 5 feet deep for us and we buried her with a little tombstone. There really is nothing like a good dog.
48. What is in your purse?
Keys, phone, checkbook, a few lipsticks, bills, credit cards, caffeine pills.
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
Blog, read, TV or sex. Sex, if I can get it.
50. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
Good friend came down to stay the weekend for our house-warming party. He's here so the party will automatically be fun. Also, I have Elvis Costello on my player right now and I remembered I will be seeing him play in a few weeks.