Mouse rant blog vent mouse.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday Random Ten--The Raincoats Stole My Sunshine Edition

You know the drill. You know the woman. Wish her happy birthday.

1. "Powder Blue"--Ween
2. "QMart"--808 State
3. "Jungle Rock"--The Chimes of Freedom
4. "'Til the Blood Ran"--Dos
5. "I Don't Want to Hear It Anymore"--Dusty Springfield
6. "The Future"--Leonard Cohen
7. "Fairytale in the Supermarket"--The Raincoats
8. "Rudie Can't Fail"--The Clash
9. "Da Doo Ron Ron"--The Crystals
10. "Stealing Hubcaps"--Billy Ledbetter

Most of this music is sort of gloomy, which does fit our rainy weather today. I have friends visiting from D.C. this weekend and I was hoping that it would be a warm Texas February, like high of 75, for their visit. You know, if only to convince them to move back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phila said...

I keep wondering if the same song will turn up in your list and mine...a couple of close calls, this week:

1. Nugrape Twins - I Got Your Ice-Cold Nugrape
2. Radiohead - Pearly
3. Shangri-La's - Out in the Streets
4. Sandy Denny - Next Time Around
5. Sly Stone - Just Like a Baby
6. AC/DC - Riff Raff
7. Brian Eno - St. Elmo's Fire
8. Carmen Miranda - Iaia, Iaio
9. Dusty Springfield - Guess Who?
10. Golden Gate Quartet - Born Ten Thousand Years Ago

2/18/2005

 
Blogger Amanda Marcotte said...

Well, since I have the mix you gave me in the library I draw on for the random ten, the odds have gone up. ;)

But I know what you mean--out of these random ten you have here, I have four of those songs on MP3 or on old-fashioned cds.

2/18/2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home